Serving San Diego County including Escondido, Rancho Bernardo, Poway
Dental crowns can be used to strengthen the structure of a badly damaged or decayed tooth, protect a weak tooth from breaking, cover a discolored tooth, anchor dental bridges, cap a dental implant, or cover a tooth that has had a root canal treatment.
Dental crowns feel and function like natural teeth and can last 5-15 years. Dental crowns can be made from a number of different materials, including metal, porcelain, resin, or ceramics. If you’re looking for the most durable, and most aesthetically pleasing crowns, Emax crowns and Zirconia is the best of the best.
Dental crowns are like caps that are placed on top of the visible portions of existing teeth. The teeth that require this kind of protective encasement are usually compromised in some way and need extra support, protection, or length/shape. Some applications of dental crowns are:
- If a tooth is worn down by tooth grinding or breaking off, a crown provides more length
- When a tooth is discolored beyond what teeth whitening can fix, or has an odd shape–a crown can still give you a Hollywood smile.
- When a tooth is cracked, broken, or decayed–a crown can hold together what is left while providing an attractive dental structure.
- Crowns can cover dental implants and anchor dental bridges.
- Protect teeth with big dental fillings from further damage