Same day crowns (also called CEREC same-day crowns) allow you to get your dental crowns in one day. No temporary crowns, no two week waiting time. One office visit and you are done. Dr. Pegah Salami has been installing CEREC same day crowns in her Rancho Bernardo dental office for many years and wishes to introduce more people to this effective and time-efficient procedure.
CEREC Same Day Crowns San Diego
You have a chipped or broken tooth, especially at the front—that needs to be fixed quickly and effectively.
You want the most accurate, and quickest way to restore your cracked, broken, or decayed tooth.
You have damaged or decayed teeth but no time for repeat visits to the dental office.
A dental filling is not enough to help you, but a dental implant is too much–your existing tooth still has some hope.
Our in-office CEREC machine allows us to produce dental crowns on-site.
What is the Process for Installing Same Day Dental Crowns?
When you are evaluated by Dr. Salami, and if she agrees that same-day dental crown is the suitable option for you, there is a process that will take place. Here is what happens:
- A digital scan is taken of your mouth by a special camera. It determines and documents your bite and the position of the surrounding teeth in relation to the one that is to be crowned.
- Next, this image is submitted to the CAD/CAM (computer-aided design or computer-aided manufacturing) software system. This generates a digital model of your new same-day dental crown.
- Once the computer system has completed the design of your new dental crown, the rest of the process is completed by the CEREC milling unit. Using diamond burrs, a CEREC machine carves out the shape of your dental crown from a larger block of ceramic material. This is done according to the 3D digital image, bringing it to life with incredible accuracy.
- The CEREC dentist Dr. Salami will examine the finished crown.
- She will check for proper bite, polish the tooth, and make small adjustments with hand instruments.
- Finally, the crown will be cemented on top of your prepared tooth. Once in place, your new CEREC crown will blend seamlessly into your smile.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your CEREC Dental Crowns
- Take care not to open things with your teeth and do not chew through ice or on sticky, hard, or sharp materials/objects.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth is as important as ever when you have same day crowns. While crowns are protective caps on your damaged teeth, your oral environment affects all your teeth, restored and natural. You also must preserve the integrity of your other healthy teeth to avoid having to do more restoration work.
- Porcelain does not stain as easily as natural teeth, since its surface is less porous. Still, possible staining of your one-day crowns may need to be addressed every five years or so, if you are a fan of coffee/tea.
- One-day dental crowns can last an average of 15 years, but this depends largely on your oral environment, behavior, and other variables.
- With proper oral hygiene care at home and regularly scheduled dental checkups with Dr. Salami offering services to Poway, Rancho Bernardo, and Escondido patients, you can expect your CEREC crown to last for decades.
Benefits of Same Day Crowns
Besides the time-saving aspect of same day crowns, there are a myriad of advantages in getting this treatment.
- CEREC same day crowns rely on 3D computer imaging software that precisely shows the teeth that need crowns better than a two-dimensional X-ray can.
- One day crowns are shaped and milled according to these very accurate images. Traditional dental impressions are more prone to errors, as they depend on the material, technique, and other variables.
- Same day dental crowns replicate the natural coloring of your real teeth. CEREC crowns are made from porcelain, that will perfectly match the shade of your natural teeth. Regular crowns are most often made with steel, gold, or porcelain-metal alloys that run the risk of looking dark at the gumline, never quite replicating true teeth.
- Same day crowns are usually bonded to the enamel of the old teeth, not to the dentin. This means that more of your natural tooth is preserved.
Additional CEREC resources:
Your amazing smile is only a phone call away
Book your appointment today.